POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Worm's Hat... : Re: 2nd Mesh Hat Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Mesh Hat
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 18 Sep 2003 12:52:30
Message: <3f69e2ce@news.povray.org>
About stretching it for cartoonish-effects:
I'm as of yet unsure how much I do want
to apply that sort of comedy. Exagherating
expressions is one thing, deforming the
props another...
Still, thanks for the input. After all the useful
comments, I've reached the same conclusions
and have a better idea of how a hat is to
be modelled for a worm. I'll someday create
a worm-fashion! ;-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> : The smaller and taller hat, that's the CSG one,
> : right?
> : In effect, what you're saying is that the latest
> : mesh-hat needs to be a little taller?
>
> I think so. Maybe not as much as the CSG one.
> You might want to be able to stretch it for certain
> cartoonish effects. So you wouldn't want it too
> tall to start with.
> =Bob=

---